تعلن منظمة انقاذ الطفل في الاردن عن حاجتها الى :
Applications Support Officer- Jordanian Nationals only
To lead and provide high quality operational and technical application and systems support to Save the Children International's customers and internal business functions. Minimising the adverse impact of
Incidents and Problems on the business and preventing reoccurrence of Incidents and ensuring release management is followed to allow the safe deployment of changes to production systems. Owner of the Problem Management process, ensuring reduction in recurring issue goals are achieved.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Application Services Officer will work closely with country, regional and centre based teams to provide resolution to support tickets raised through the service desk system.
The Application Services Officer will work closely with country, regional and centre based teams to provide reporting and analytical information on the organisations Enterprise applications to assist in the running of an efficient and effective global function.
The Application Services Officer will work with the Technical Architect, Suppliers and other System Administrators in other locations to provide a reliable, scalable and performant systems to all SCI countries and those members that participate in the shared service.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Reports to: Global Applications Team leader
Staff reporting to this post: none
Budget Responsibilities: none
This is a global role working on delivering and supporting Global Applications in over 60 countries, potentially expanding in future to include SCA members.
Provide Application implementation and support services to ensure the stable operation of Save the Children's Applications. This includes providing Expert Consultancy capability, Continuous Service Improvements, optimising key functional areas, application support, accepting new releases of software and transitioning them to Service to ensure maximum availability of systems as well as the interfaces which deliver the end-to-end business process. Scheduling and directing activities to resolve software and integration problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
The challenge: As Save the Children moves more systems from data centres to the cloud and more into Shared Services the successful applicant in this role will be faced with supporting Global Application Services in a fast-paced 24/7 organisation. The challenge is to work with the business, external suppliers, consultants and internal Subject Matter Experts to initiate fast-paced resolutions to Service Incidents. This person must be able to conduct root cause analysis and utilise problem management processes to ensure incidents are resolved to meet defined IT Services Levels. They will also need to ensure software releases and major product enhancements to applications and their integrations are managed via the Change Management process to ensure the production environment is always protected.
will include being able to:
- Demonstrate experience of proactive service management of Global Systems
- Deliver Continuous Service Improvements.
- Provide expert consultancy capability for Global Systems & services
- Demonstrate Innovative thinking and learning whilst adapting to continually evolving services.
- Work in a team within the ITIL framework
- Demonstrate good technical troubleshooting / problem-solving skills in a high-pressure environment
- Have a good understanding of System Environments & Configuration management.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Responsible for acting as the public face of IT to global application users, business partnering with staff globally, assisting them to use core applications to achieve key SCA aims of efficiency and effectiveness in operations
- Responsible for providing reports and data extracts using browser and other appropriate tools, through BAU development processes in accordance with business requirements
- Responsible for enhancing and optimising key developed reports
- Responsible for system administration
- Act as an advisor to user teams globally on how to use Applications in a best practice fashion, as defined by SCI global standard
- Create documentation in line with any approved system changes
- Assist with on-boarding new country offices, which will share Save the Children platforms
- Business partner key stakeholders to capture new business requirements and prioritise for future development
Shared responsibility for support for global users at centre, Regional, Country and Sub-Office levels, which includes logging and management of 3rd/4th level support calls with SCA
- Responsible for taking ownership of and resolving all Application related support tickets within the appropriate SLA
- Responsible for escalating unresolved support tickets to L2, L3 or vendor support mechanisms and tracking such issues through to the conclusion
Occasional requirement to carry out regression testing to ensure that live Operations are safeguarded at all times.
- Working with the Software Quality Assurance Analyst Responsibility for participating in user regression testing where required
- Ensure that all test feedback to documented in the bug tracking system
- Ideally, the role holder will hold a computing degree (BSc, BA or equivalent) however equivalent relevant work experience is also of value
- ITIL Experience desirable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- strong web/collaborative development and support experience required
- excellent knowledge of Active Directory and DNS
- good experience with collaborative/training applications such as MS Teams
- knowledge of relational databases (eg. MS SQL server)
- cultural awareness and experience of delivering global web solutions that cater for local needs (eg. area with poor bandwidth, multiple character sets, etc.)
- good communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
- able to demonstrate instances of initiative that have delivered organisational benefits
- outstanding customer service orientation and follow-up skills
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- ability to work independently without direct supervision
- ability to learn new web/collaborative systems and applications quickly
- ability to work well under pressure
- understanding of basic networking/infrastructure knowledge
- experience with Microsoft IIS and/or Apache
- experience of working in organisations with international activities
- non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- experience with administration of Office365
- experience with DATIX
- experience with Azure Administration and support skills
- experience with ERP system will be a good advantage
- programming knowledge in diverse applications/languages
- the ability to converse in languages other than English
- auditing skills/experience
- administrator-level knowledge of SharePoint 2010/2013/Online
- administrator-level knowledge of Jira
- experience in working with offshore project team members
Critical Success Factors
- Achieving high levels of user satisfaction
- Demonstration of ownership of problems
- Measured contribution towards the reduction of aged incidents and problems
- Measured contribution towards maintaining a level of expectations with customers internally/externally for services provided
- System availability meets agreed SLA
- Incidents and problems are resolved within OLA and SLA
- Adopting change management and ensuring all Application changes follow departmental procedures and policies.
- Delivering projects within agreed timeframes
- Comply with departmental procedures and policies
- Reduced count of Incidents Raised by Known Errors
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of Jordanian national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.