Human Resources Intern
Job Description and Requirements
Mercy Corps (MC) is a non-profit, non-aligned, secular non-governmental (NGO) humanitarian relief and development organization, registered in the United States and Scotland with offices in more than 40 countries around the world, including Jordan, where the organization has been active in implementation of relief and development programs for more than a decade.
Purpose of the Training:
The HR department is responsible for but not limited to recruitment, orientation of new staff, personnel management, payroll administration, performance evaluation management, and exit procedures for separating staff.
The HR Intern is responsible for day-to-day HR requirements, functions, and general assistance to the HR Team.
• Support in reviewing team members' timesheets monthly on Data-basics.
• Support in collecting signatures from different departments.
• In close coordination with the HR Assistant, assist with scheduling the orientation for new hires.
• Ensure all documents are printed out and in place for the new hires prior to their start date.
• Support the HR Assistant in posting job vacancies on Mercy Corps’ external platform – Akhtaboot.
• Schedule interviews and technical tests for the HR team and hiring managers.
• Support in conducting reference checks for selected candidates.
• Ensure all personnel files are organized and all necessary documents are included in each file.
• Make sure that the tracker sheets are up to date.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the HR Manager.
ACCOUNTABILITY REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Human Resources Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Finance & Operations departments, all program managers.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• University Degree in business management, administration, or related fields.
• Fresh graduate
• Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills are necessary.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is necessary.
Timeframe / Schedule: 3 months